Electronic communications engineering is the utilization of science and mathematics applied to practical problems in the field of communications. The Electronics & Communication Engineering involves the transmission of information across channels such as a coax cable, optical fiber or free space. Electronic communications engineers engage in research, design, development and testing of the electronic equipment used in various communications systems. It is due to electronics and communication engineers that we enjoy such modern communication devices as cellular telephones, radios and television. You can work on designing equipment such as routers, switches, multiplexers and electronic switching systems, copper telephone facilities and fiber optics.
Started in the year 1985, department of ECE has grown higher and considered as one of the well-equipped departments across state in terms of infrastructure, Curriculum and Content quality and quality of teaching faculty.
While building a solid foundation of the fundamentals, the students are also exposed to emerging trends in the industry and are moulded to be quality professionals of the future.
The students are also provided an opportunity to choose specialization electives to focus on their identified areas of interest such as wireless communication, satellite communication, biomedical signal processing, VLSI fabrication technology and speech processing.
Classes are also delivered by experts from our industrial partners through the e-learning network as well as in the form of workshops and seminars.
The students are encouraged to undertake real-time projects and actively participate in countrywide technical conferences and workshops and present their work in many of them.
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has a sanctioned in-take of 180 by AICTE and offers UG, PG and PhD Programmes in ECE. Department of ECE is accredited by NBA, NAAC with ‘A’ Grade and permanently affiliated to Anna University, Chennai.
To produce technical manpower of global standards in electronics and communication engineering with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
1. Equipping faculty members with knowledge in cutting edge technologies through various programmes.
2. Imparting quality education to meet the requirements of all stake-holders with the help of well qualified, experienced and passionate faculty resources.
3. Nurturing competent professionals through extra and co-curricular activities.
4. To provide all possible support to promote research and development activities by setting up new research facilities and having enhanced industrial interaction.
5. Accomplishing the technological needs of the society and Practicing ethical standards by the faculty and students.
Dr. R. Udaiyakumar
Professor & Head
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Sri Krishna College of Technology
Kovaipudur,Coimbatore - 641042 TamilNadu
Contact: +91 7402600130