The department of Mechanical Engineering was established in the year 1985. We are equipped with state-of-the-art workshops, laboratories and computing facilities. Dr. P. Prathap leads the team of highly qualified and accelerated faculty from the front for the development of the students in academic activities and placement. Our alumni’s are occupying accountable positions in several Industries like Hyundai, TVS – Sundram Fasteners, Bosch, Turbo Energy and Asahi Glass. We are renovating our students with a perfect balance of intellectual and real-world experiences that help them in serving the demands from our society.
The department of mechanical engineering strives to provide excellent education and research leading to competent mechanical engineers, who are creative, entrepreneurial and expertise in advanced fields of mechanical engineering to cater the challenging industrial demands and societal needs.
- Impart quality education which includes strong foundation in fundamental theory and versatile exposure to practical applications
- Enhance their skills in advanced fields to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers to cater the ever changing industrial demands
- Maintain collaborative research environment with state-of-art facilities that stimulates faculty and students with opportunities to learn, create and disseminate knowledge
- Inculcate entrepreneurial skills and ethical values with opportunities to meet societal needs
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- To provide sound fundamentals in science, mathematics, communication and basic engineering sciences necessary to analyse and solve mechanical engineering problems
- To practice for solving real time problems in design, thermal, manufacturing and allied engineering sectors of mechanical engineering
- To provide opportunity for innovation, research and development in mechanical and allied engineering
- To prepare successful technocrats for industry, entrepreneurs, continuous learners and leaders to address social, ethical, technical and business challengers
- Professional Skills: An Ability to understand the fundamental concepts in Mechanical Engineering and to apply them to various areas, like Thermal Engineering, Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering etc.,in the design and implementation of mechanical systems
- Problem Solving Skills: An Ability to solve complex Mechanical Engineering problems in areas, like Thermal Engineering, Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering etc.,using latest hardware and software tools, along with analytical skills to arrive cost effective and appropriate solutions.
- Sucessful Career and Entrepreneurship: An Understanding of social –awareness & environmental-wisdom along with ethical responsibility to have a successful career and to sustain passion and zeal for real-world applications in Mechanical Engineering using optimal resources as an Entrepreneurship.